Beginning Musicianship Classes
6 week sessions $120 per session/per child
Beginning Musicianship classes are designed to introduce children ages 4-6 to the fundamentals of music including:
- Rhythmic and Melodic Notation
- Ear training
- Introduction to musical terminology
- Exploration of the instruments of the orchestra
- Introduction to major composers including Mozart, Beethoven and Vivaldi
- Introduction to traditional compositional forms- Theme and Variation
The essentials of musicianship are introduced in a fun, playful approach, incorporating songs, percussion instruments, props and games. Students explore the elements of music through group singing, rhythmic movement, discussion, improvisations, and conducting. Playing various instruments is a regular part of the class experience.
Each semester is designed to build on the last but also incorporates newcomers at any point. Use of Suzuki rhythms as part of the curriculum also serves as a basic foundation for future musical training and/or instrument study.